Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New York: Day 5

     This was our last day in New York and now that I am a week into school, I miss it. At the time, we were both pretty tired and ready to come home and get back into the flow of things, but as soon as I get back, I am ready to go out with him again. I love vacationing with just the two of us. Now with both of us in school and working, we don't see each other enough. I'm glad we had this last hurrah before being thrown into fall semester. So, we had to be checked out of our hotel at 11 and of course we stayed until the last minute catching up on sleep and packing. Then we headed back to the Doughnut Plant to try some of their other doughnuts. We got carrot cake, PB and J, triple chocolate, peach, and cinnamon. The PB and J was the best out of those. We checked out the New York Public Library after that and they had a really cool free exhibit with children's books. The library was huge and beautiful.





My mom used to read this book to me.

Brandon listening to Mary Poppins.

The umbrella of the author of Mary Poppins that she based the umbrella in the story on.


We walked around after that and ended up in a park eating Gelato. We did a little bit more shopping, popping in and out of shops and then headed to the airport around 4 to catch our 7 o' clock flight home. Cute story, as we boarded the plane I couldn't stop thinking about a purse I saw. It was so cute and was on sale too. I was sad that I didn't get it but usually I like to think about things before I buy them. Anyway, the next morning while I was at school, Brandon texted me. He had found the purse online and ordered it for me. :) That made my day. It was a good trip with the best husband ever.





I can't get over how cute he is in this picture.







No comments:

Post a Comment