Sunday, September 8, 2013

Liebster Award

I was nominated to participate in the Liebster Award by Hailey and pass it on to other fellow bloggers! I love question and answer posts, so this should be fun. You can check out her blog here.

"Liebster" means dearest in German, and it's awarded, blogger to blogger, to up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers.  The rules for accepting and giving the award are pretty simple.  Once you accept the award, you just have to do the following in a blog entry:


Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator on her blog
Give 11 facts about yourself
Nominate 5-11 other new, up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers
Make up 11 more questions to pass on to the bloggers you choose to nominate
Thank your nominator by linking back to her blog
Upon your post going live, contact your nominees about your nomination for them

Hailey's Questions

1. What's your favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream? (Or just favorite in general)
I'm not even sure I've tried Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream so in general I would have to say cookies and cream. Anything with Oreo's in it, it's going to be good.
2. What has been your favorite vacation so far? 
I would have to say my honeymoon in Kauai with my husband. That one is going to be hard to beat.
3. What would be your dream vacation? 
Traveling around Europe. Particularly Spain, France, Italy and Greece. I'm getting my minor in Art History and would really like to go and see all of the things I have learned about.
4. What is your favorite perfume and favorite cologne?
My husband doesn't wear cologne. I love his natural smell. But if I had to choose, it would be Acqua Di Gio for men. My favorite perfume right now would be Noir Tease from Victoria's Secret. Followed closely by Juicy Couture.
5. How many kids do you hope to have? (If any) 
I'm thinking around 4.
6. I've always wanted to have my own secret spot that few people know about that I visit to be alone to think, but haven't found the perfect one yet. (The last one had too many bugs....) Do you have a "special spot" you like to escape to? 
My apartment is my relaxation spot. It's just my husband and I, so it's easy to find a place where it's quiet.
7. Name a band/singer that you have always loved that most people may not know.
A Fine Frenzy, Lilly Allen, Mat Kearney, Keane, Hot Hot Heat....
8. What is your favorite workout class you've been to? 
I workout at home or outside. I have never taken any workout classes. But I did go to Salt Lake for my friend's bachelorette party and we took a pole dancing class. That was pretty fun. :)
9. Do you have any dating advise for me??  
When you find someone you are interested in, show them that you are interested. Most of the good picks are shy and just need a little nudge. Then they will do the rest. :)
10. Share/describe a moment in your life when you have truly been HAPPY, something other than a grand occassion.
My dad and I went to Hawaii for a week for Beachbody and when we got there, we learned that our luggage had been left in San Francisco. There was a dinner that night for all the coaches and we didn't want to go all gross from the plane. I wasn't hungry so my dad went and I walked out to the beach with my camera. I had a shirt, capris and vans on, so I took my shoes off and started walking. It was a private beach just for people at our hotel and it was so beautiful and quiet. I watched a guy that was painting, waded into the water, wiggled the sand between my toes...It started to rain as I was walking back to our hotel and I just sat on the beach and let it come down on me. It was just a good moment. I rarely spend time by myself and I wasn't thinking about anything. Just taking in the view and feeling excited that I got to spend a week there.
11. In what way(s) have you turned out just like your parents?
The thing I love most about my parents is how close we are to each other. My family is so close and open. We say "I love you", cuddle, no subject is embarrassing to talk about....I mean, my parents still call me Amy Baby. :) I love that they brought us up that way so that now I can be the same way with my kids. I was never the embarrassed child when my parents would go into school with me, or kiss me in front of my friends. I always felt proud.

11 Facts About Me

  1. My lips are tiny. When I wear lipstick, you can barely tell.
  2. I have a very hard time falling asleep and a very hard time getting up early. It's a curse. 
  3. I already know what baby names I want to use when the time comes.
  4. My favorite holiday is Christmas because my family goes above and beyond and makes it a huge deal. We take our time and open presents all day long, listening to Christmas music, eating food and laughing, enjoying each others company. We hardly ever finish before 7pm. Christmas is also my mom's birthday. So for the rest of the night we celebrate her and make sure she gets extra spoiled. It's an all day thing and yes...I am getting excited already.
  5. I met my husband in Driver's Ed. He was my driving partner.
  6. I want a wrinkly little bull dog. Brandon says no doggies. We will see if I can change that in a few years.
  7. I never have one favorite color but right now I love coral and cobalt blue.
  8. I am going to UVU to graduate in Photography. I am a senior.
  9. My brother is on his mission in Jamaica and I am one proud sister.
  10. I have way to many shoes....but I still need more.
  11. I love movie nights with lots of junk food and friends and cuddles with my husband.
Now it's my turn to pass this on to some of my blogger friends and I choose Chelsea, Sidney, Rachelle, Keisha, and Cassie! Here are my questions for you guys...

  1. What movie have you seen more times than any other movie?
  2. What would be your perfect date?
  3. What has been your most embarrassing moment?
  4. Have you ever seen something in a store that you absolutely loved and couldn't walk away without no matter what the price? What was it?
  5. What has been your favorite Halloween costume?
  6. Have you ever been approached by someone you recognized but you couldn't for the life of you remember how you know them?
  7. What nicknames have people made up for you?
  8. What did you want to be growing up? Has it changed as you have gotten older?
  9. Favorite online store to shop at?
  10. What's the strangest talent you have?
  11. What is your favorite physical feature?
Alright guys, have fun with it!

3 comments:

  1. Whoo! Can't wait! :) Thanks Amy! (you're blog is darling!--new york looks like so much fun! I miss that place! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://renderedlife.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    here it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished mine! That was fun - thank you:):)

    ReplyDelete