Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fall/Winter

Whenever someone asks me what my favorite time of year is, I say summertime. And it is. I love the warm weather, no school, vacations, blonder hair and having some color to my skin. But I don't get the same feelings for summer as I do when fall rolls around. I can't describe the feeling, it's almost anxious, giddy, and mind bottling all at once. (Blades of Glory reference.) Unlike summertime, I instantly feel like doing a million things all at once...going to get hot chocolate, taking a walk to see all of the changing leaves, breathing in the crisp air and the smell of holidays on their way, buying cute jackets and scarves, changing to darker nail polishes, picking pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, thinking about what we will be doing for Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas. This time of year is exciting because three great holidays roll into one another. It also triggers more movie days for me, snuggles and fuzzy socks. I love seeing all the colorful leaves gather on the sides on the road, anticipating the first snow fall, wanting to cuddle up and read a good book. This time of year is magical.

























No comments:

Post a Comment