Thursday, September 8, 2016

New York

Brandon and I took a trip to New York for our five year wedding anniversary! We waited a couple weeks after our actual anniversary so that we could make it to the US Open. We have been to New York together twice before but have always missed the US Open needing to be back for school. We don't have to worry about that anymore! We left Thor and Eleanor behind which was harder than I thought it would be but so good to have alone time together. I can handle a day or two easy, but after almost a week I was missing my babies something fierce. It's good to be home.
Averaging around 10 miles a day walking and being 25 weeks pregnant, hauling my camera around wasn't a huge priority. So mostly iPhone shots it is this trip and lots of pictures of our favorite things to eat when we go. We go to New York for the food.





Shake Shack. The best location to hit is Madison Square Park. I love the views with the Flat Iron building and Empire State building. Also Eataly is fun to go and explore after across the street as well.



We first discovered this blood orange sorbet in Grand Central Station. Later we found other Jacques Torres locations and may have stopped for it again...SO GOOD.


Meanwhile back at Brandon's parents house...so cute! Our parents split the time we were gone and both watched her for us.


Brandon and I LOVE our ramen. We have tried a few places in New York and Ippudo has the best. This was easily my favorite meal. They are always busy and we waited an hour and half to get in but it is well worth it. 


Ready to start Day 2.


Doughnut Plant is a MUST. We always make it there more than once in a trip. Brandon's favorites include the coconut cream and peanut butter and jelly doughnuts. I will second the peanut butter and jelly but also love the coffee cake, tres leches and creme brûlée doughnuts. You have to try them all.


Creme Brûlée.


Did some shopping in Soho and I couldn't decide between two pairs of shoes...so Brandon got them both for me. :)



Rice to Riches rice pudding...so overpriced but so good. I got the french toast flavor. They have a million to choose from though.


This was more up Brandon's alley than mine but Katz's Delicatessen is very popular. Their meat is so good. I just prefer less of it with more condiments. I mean....look at that thing!


Finishing my Rice to Riches rice pudding in bed...yes I ate the whole thing.


Meanwhile back at my parents...Thor just chilling with Joseph's dog Roscoe. :) I'm glad they enjoy having him so much.


Stopping at an ice cream truck is something we always do. I usually choose sprinkles but being pregnant I felt like strawberry sauce this go around.


We ate our ice cream in Bryant Park. Which is so pretty.





The next morning we wandered down to Times Square and scored some decent priced tickets for a show and then wandered over to Bobby Flay's restaurant Bar Americain for brunch. We always try to hit up one of the higher end restaurants while we are there. Particularly an Iron Chef's restaurant because we watch quite a bit of Food Network in our household. You guys, my husband is an amazing chef. I honestly feel like his homemade cooked meals surpass most of these chefs. I'm pretty lucky.


Getting seated to see School of Rock.


I loved this show.


We walked through central park for quite a bit on the way to find my ice cream shop.




Okay you guys... Emack and Bolio's. This was one of my favorites. Look at all these dipped cones! I honestly couldn't decide between the Reese's Puff, Rice Krispies, Oreo or Froot Loops!


I got the mud pie mojo ice cream which is coffee flavored with Oreos. Nothing better.


I loved the pics and snaps my dad would send.



This day was all about the US Open for Brandon. We watched three matches ending with Pouille and Nadal's match which was definitely the highlight. That game was insane.


Brandon watching Nadal on the practice courts. He is right there!



These random photos of Eleanor kept being sent to me and I had to save them.





Seriously!?!?! She is so easy to miss.


Our elevator was really slow and only one worked...so I snapped some pics while we waited. I'm not sure what we are doing in these...but I love him.



Shake Shack in Madison Square park again our last night. Such a fun atmosphere. I love when the lights are turned on at night.


Exploring the Rockefeller Center.


Pretty street corner flower stands.


We always make it to Chelsea Market.



Brandon loves exploring the fish market.





Stopped for a little sushi. Brandon...not me.



Getting that blood orange sorbet again...



Carrying our stuff. He was so sweet all trip, helping me buckle my sandals because this belly is getting a little big, carrying our bags through the airport, giving me foot rubs at night and always trying to snag me a seat on the subway even if he still had to stand. <3
We actually wandered into Bloomingdales one night on the way back to our hotel and I was just browsing the lipsticks in the MAC section and telling Brandon the next one on my wish list when this older man walked up to us and congratulated us on being pregnant. He said, "You turned and I saw your cute belly but the most priceless part was how your husband was looking at you while you were doing your thing." I thought that was so sweet. It's not the first time someone has told me that either. I feel so lucky.


We also tried Big Gay Ice Cream but we didn't understand the hype. Its just chocolate and vanilla with different dips and toppings.


Until next time New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment