Saturday, July 19, 2014

Mid July

We are leaving for Lake Powell after my shift tomorrow! I am really excited and interested to see how Thor takes it. Luckily we have a houseboat with air conditioning or I would be worried. French bulldogs don't do well in heat. We also bought Thor a life jacket and it is so cute on him even though he totally hates it. He stared at us like we were the devil when we tried it on him. Couldn't...stop...laughing. Bulldogs can't swim though, so he better get used to it. When we get home, we have a couple of days to move into our new place and then Steph, my mom and I are off to Ireland! I am so excited for this girls trip. If any of you have been and have any must-see places that we need to hit, let me know! I'd hate to miss something! Also, if you want to follow along with our trip, I will be posting pics on my Instagram . 

Just a few of my favorites from this month...



Thor got sick on the 4th of July. He wasn't eating or drinking anything. We took him to the vet late that night and he has been doing great ever since!



Lots of park time with this little guy.



Megan got her mission call! And we went over to watch her open it.




A few days ago, Steph, Spencer, my mom, grandma and I went to the aquarium in Draper. Jellyfish are always my favorite. I love watching them go from dim to this beautiful glow. The jellyfish tanks were nothing like the ones in Hawaii but still pretty. In Hawaii the room was completely dark besides all of the jellyfish illuminating the tank and there were tons of them. I could sit and watch them for hours. And they were the prettiest pale blue. One of those awe moments I won't ever forget.


This lion fish is crazy. In this picture I am having a conversation with a little boy who is letting me know that they are very poisonous.


So...in preparation for our Lake Powell trip I have been spending a little time with Thor in the kiddie pool we bought. He has to get used to the water or else he will be so hot. He wasn't thrilled at first as you can see. He kept climbing up onto me or jumping out. Luckily today he was running in and out over and over again. :) 


His ears came up! :)



He sits next to me while I wash the dishes. I looked down and he was looking up at me... and my heart melted all over the floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment