Friday, January 1, 2016

26

My birthday is on New Years Eve. I turned 26 yesterday. So I thought it appropriate to start the new year off with a list of 26 things I want to accomplish while 26. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have checked all of them off.





  1. Learn to Weave. I got a little loom for Christmas and I've already been playing with it, but I want to really get good at it and make some wall hangings for our new place.
  2. Read at least five books. This doesn't seem like a lot, but last year I can't think of one book I read...and I love to read. Life got in the way. And scrolling social media instead...so throw some book suggestions at me! 
  3. Look into laser hair removal. I hear it doesn't work with lighter hair and most of my leg hair is pretty blonde...but man that would be so nice! I don't shave as often as I should because my legs get so itchy when my hair starts to grow back. But if that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure my arm pits would pass.
  4. Go to London.
  5. Plant a garden in our new garden space.
  6. Get Eleanor to say mommy first.
  7. Work out at least 3 times a week...don't want to be too ambitious. 
  8. Get a massage. Eleanor is almost 8 months old and I told Brandon as soon as she was out of me I was going to get a massage. My body was so achey. I feel great now but the fact that I never got one has bummed me out and so I am going to pull the trigger and go. Brandon got me a gift card for my birthday yesterday so that I actually will. :)
  9. Yard sale hop with Steph and Spencer more than once. I usually go once a summer and we have so much fun!
  10. Throw more friend get together parties.
  11. Possibly get Thor a buddy this summer...if I feel up to potty training again.
  12. Make Brandon dinner more...I told Brandon about this one and he asked me how many nights a week? I'm scared to put a number down. He is such a good cook and enjoys it. I HATE cooking and the mess you have to clean up after. I always start cooking when I'm hungry and snack the whole time. By the time dinner is ready, I'm not hungry anymore. It's so time consuming in my mind. But I'm going to do it. Let's say 4 nights a week? That scares me.
  13. Run a half or full marathon again. 
  14. Repaint parts of the house.
  15. Finish my internship.
  16. Take a girls trip with Steph and my mom.
  17. Get a library card.
  18. Take a makeup lesson and figure out my eyebrows. Favorite eyebrow pencils? Go.
  19. Take my grandma shopping in Park City.
  20. Get my splits back. 
  21. Floss. But really. Once every two weeks is probably pretty gross.
  22. Actually plan mine and Eleanor's costumes and dress up for Halloween.
  23. Get Eleanor to sleep through the night. She always wakes up to eat at least once. 
  24. Plan birthday's better. My mom's birthday is on Christmas, then Brandon's is on the 28th, then mine and Steph's is the 31st. We are so busy getting ready for Christmas that our birthdays always slide by without much thought or planning. That's not happening this year.
  25. Teach Eleanor basic sign language.
  26. Take my camera out at least once a month just to go and drive and explore. Shoot nature rather than people. 
2016, I'm coming for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment