Friday, August 10, 2018

Paris: Part II

I packed a lot into this post. The third day we took our sweet time walking over to the Eiffel tower from our hotel. It's about a 45 minute walk but we took a lot longer than that stopping at all the pretty things that would pop up on the way.






The bridges, the statues, the buildings, the cafe's, the gardens...just so much beauty to take in.



We stopped at a cafe on the way and ordered some coke. When you ask for water there it doesn't come with ice. So these were very refreshing and very overpriced. We would also stop at cafes when we needed to use the bathroom. They aren't easily accessible and even if you do find a public bathroom you have to pay one or two euros to use it.



A couple was sitting next to us with their dog and when they left I saw the waitress pick up this bowl and bring it back inside. How cute is that? I wish more places did that here with outdoor seating.


So many pretty doors. They reminded me of Ireland with the doorknobs in the middle.


Turning the corner and having this pop into view....just so many bucket list items got checked off this trip. Paris is so magical.






The cobblestone streets don't hurt either.



I'm not going to lie. This crepe tasted like wet dog and we threw it away. They weren't made fresh at the park by the eiffel tower. But we found a crepe shop later walking to the Trocadero making them fresh and it was stuffed with berries, nutella and ice cream and it was SO good. I wish I had gotten one or two more of those.


So many cute carousels around the city.





After climbing the steps at the Trocadero. When I was a little girl I used to collect Eiffel Towers. I had snow globes, statues, keychains, a shirt...but after I took a few classes in Art History and learned about so many things in Paris is when I really wanted to go and see it. It didn't disappoint.  
















We stayed and watched the sunset and waited for the tower to light up and sparkle at 10pm. It sparkles every hour on the hour for about 5 minutes after dark. There was also a beautiful full moon out.




Cute little pigeon. Can you spot it?





Day 4. The Palace of Versailles. I seriously tear up just thinking about finally making it to all these places I have wanted to see. My mom bought tickets the night before which was a dang good thing because we got there just as they were opening and the line was so long. We got to go in a shorter line for people who already had tickets. This day was hot. We also had access to the gardens after going through the palace and we did a little bit but it honestly felt like we were melting. It was so bright we couldn't even keep our eyes open on the white sand. But the gardens were beautiful and go on forever. We could have explored that more.





Can you even believe this architecture?! By far my favorite time period I learned about in Art History.



Speechless.










The Hall of Mirrors.



This room was packed. Which calls for upward angle shots.







After eating lunch at the Palace of Versailles we got an Uber back to our hotel and rested for a bit. But then when it started to rain we took advantage and headed over to Palais Royale in hopes that it would be empty, which it was. We actually tried to see this a previous day but got there too late and the gate was shut. It is super close to the Louvre and our hotel though. It was so pretty vacant. I can't believe the luck we had this trip.






One of three times we picked up macarons. Which cost a small fortune. I must say Brandon makes them just as good. I'm a lucky girl. It's fun to try all the different flavors though.






So. Dang. Pretty.






Another Louvre stop.







Walking through the carnival in the park on the way back to our hotel.





No comments:

Post a Comment