Monday, May 7, 2018

Florida

We took a family vacation to Florida for a week and spent a lot of time at the pool because these girls are water babies all the way. As soon as we would get back to our hotel they were just as happy to climb into the bath and play in the water some more. The first three days we just relaxed. We went to Disney Springs and strolled around and also went to Showcase of Citrus. That is an orange orchard and they had animals you could feed including a kangaroo. You can pick oranges there and take a ride through the orchards and order orange smoothies with their fresh orange juice. My girls just wanted to pet the cats lying around which was pretty cute.
The last three days we spent in Disney World. Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and then back to Magic Kingdom. Eleanor meeting characters is just about the cutest thing ever and I'm glad we were able to squeeze in a trip before she turns 3 and we have to start paying for her as well. Because wow! Disney really likes to take your money. 
So these photos aren't necessarily out of order but I uploaded my camera photos first and then my phone photos and I don't want to go through and organize them more than that. 



I LOVED our first hotel. It was a little further from Disney World but not much. It had three pools and the one we went to was so kid friendly. It had a very shallow section and we could just watch the girls play.










Petting the cats at Showcase of Citrus. They were just laying around and it was so cute.





We bought carrots and corn to feed the animals.



Sharing a popsicle in the back of the car.




Our hotel also had these really nice playgrounds.






My people. Harper's little hand holding is shirt...


Is it just me or are Disneyland churros way better than Disney World churros? And Disney World doesn't have the raspberry Mickey macaron which is a huge letdown. Other than that, I can't say much for the food. New York food all the way. Haha.




Headed to Florida. She was so excited to get in the airplane because I let her pick a bunch of snacks for her backpack.









So excited to be out of the airplane.


Our first hotel.



She picked a cinnamon roll to bring back to the hotel one night which she calls a cinnamon roll donut.



She fell asleep at the pool.


Feeding the ducks, fish and we also saw turtles.







Waffle House.




We went to a sushi place for dinner one night and Eleanor got "chicken on a stick".





This girl was so snuggly every time we got back to the hotel.


Disney Springs.



This was the sweetest. "Daddy, I want to ride the carousel." And off they went.



Magic Kingdom Day One!


Waiting to meet Tinkerbell.




It was so fun watching her. She just wanted to hug them all and never let go.








The Ariel ride was her favorite and we ended up doing it three times. We fast passed it twice and ended up being able to walk right on and ride it again without waiting in lines as everyone was headed to the firework show. Of course meeting Ariel was a highlight for her too. She was so cute. "I want to do the Ariel ride with the shells!"



She has seen Lilo and Stitch so many times. It's a favorite at our house.



While Eleanor napped Harper got to ride the carousel with her dad. She was jealous the first time.


Our second hotel area.


Day Two Animal Kingdom. Eleanor and I found matching shirts at Disney Springs Uniqlo. Couldn't resist.




Had breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe.






Waiting to meet Mickey and Minnie!





Oh my goodness she was soaking this up.


I really wanted to ride the flying Avatar ride but waiting in a 150 min line to go by myself without Brandon wasn't appealing. Even waiting that long with him! We did go on the river Avatar ride though because the girls could go and we had a fast pass.


Two peas in a pod. Apparently they weren't close enough for Eleanor's liking.



Beignets back at our hotel. Probably the best thing all trip.





Where we stayed.



Ready for Day Three Magic Kingdom!


I love her spontaneous kisses. She plants them on me all the time.



She was very adamant about riding the horse with the gold flowers. Haha. We had to go together twice to snag it.



Lefew's Brew. 


We had a fast pass to meet Cinderella at 4:30 but the girls were so tired and ready to nap. The line said it was 20 minutes long and it was 3:30 so I decided to just wait in line and see her real quick. The line ended up taking over an hour! We got to go in around 4:40. I was pretty annoyed at that point but our girls ended up both napping the entire time. Eleanor on my back and Harper outside with Brandon which made them ready to take on the rest of the day and we stayed til dark.


Plus when she woke up she was so excited to see Cinderella. I mean, okay I'll do anything for this girl.


She had to get through Elena first and she doesn't know who that is. I was cracking up because she was staring at Cinderella the whole time.




And that's a wrap! We stayed late enough to see the firework show but hauled out of there after thinking about getting home with all those other people. Haha I love that Brandon and I think the same. Until our next adventure...








No comments:

Post a Comment