Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Summers End

Our Lake Powell trip was a few weeks ago but some of these pics are just too cute not to post. Thor in his life jacket? He hated that thing but man, he was adorable. Once we got to a beach, we let him run around without it. His many sleeping positions crack me up and  I take too many photos...I'm aware. But this was Thor's first Lake Powell trip of many, so I wanted to document it.






"Hey look mom! I found a stick!" 

Begging me to pick him up.






Napping with Michael.



He slept the whole drive home...miracle. And on his back.

I love the places he decides to take a snooze.

Melissa's Wedding Reception. I have one cute date.


Melissa was a beautiful bride.

Credit to my mom for taking this pic. We moved at the beginning of August and I didn't take any pictures. Thanks to Stewy, Steph, Spencer, Ron, Maryanne, my parents and our neighbors for helping us get it all done in one day right before I left for Ireland! I love our new place. We have a dishwasher...and a bathtub! And we aren't in a basement and so we have tons of light! But...I still feel very attached to our old place where we lived for a year and a half. I loved our neighbors upstairs. I loved the tiny shower in our tiny bathroom that would warm the whole room with steam so quickly. It's crazy how I can actually miss the drain outside our basement door that didn't drain, the weird plugs we had halfway up our walls, windows I'd never be able to climb out of if there were a fire, the front door that would take over a minute to unlock every time. It was a cute place. Brandon couldn't do jumping jacks without hitting his hands on the ceiling, and we had random stairs leading to the apartment upstairs, but it had a cute little backyard, softer carpet that we have now and just a lot of personality. It was five minutes from where I work and I still find myself going a little out of my way when I drive home at 6am to pass it. I still feel like it's ours and that someone has come in and taken over our space. I hope they love it as much as we did. Goodbye ugly pink house, that I have grown so fond of.

Here's to hoping our new place starts to feel like home real soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment